How do I update a component?

If I change a component's height, how do I update the other copies of that component?

I'm having the same kind of issue, but with text. I change the margin but the its instances maintain the same.

I recorded a video to help you guys out, @kevin and @Ryan:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yd8go8xslclrkf/component%20text%20bug2.mov?dl=0

Oddly, mine is working as expected now after restarting the application.

Hi @mateus_px Thanks for recording a video.

Is the "content" box a component, or did you simply duplicate it?

EDIT: My bad, I didn't look up far enough. It's under "listing card", which is a component.

If you just duplicated it, then there are two different text boxes that refer to the same dataset (with two data: the addresses) and the margins should be independent between them.

If the "content" box is a component, then really it's two different instances of the "same" text box, in which case I would expect the margins to be the same.
But, to be completely honest, I cannot remember if @ryan requested that margins/text be independent between different instances of the same component, or if I made a mistake in the implementation.

@ryan, thoughts?

@kevin This is a bug, as far as I can tell from the video @mateus_px posted. The correct behavior should be margins updating in sync on each component.

I've tried to replicate unsuccessfully. Maybe we can get a copy of that file from you, @mateus_px?

Realize now that the issue is with text boxes, specifically, and can replicate.

I just talked privately with Ryan, and the current behavior is what we originally specified.
I believe the reasoning was that you may need to tweak the margins in different instances of the text, but we're not quite sure.
After being away from that decision for a few months, I think we're both agreed that the current behavior is confusing and unexpected.

We are reworking the layout engine, so we'll make a note about this particular situation and see if there is a better way we can address that need.

In the mean time, you can workaround this by putting the text within a containing box (leave the box width/height blank and it'll take the size of the text), and then put the margin on that box.

Alright.
I can share the file if you still need it, @Ryan.