Import SVG/AI, or Copy & Paste vector graphic

So.. As a Design tool, I guess you guys at least put something that designers familiar with. I am a UIUX designer and also have a little bit front end knowledge, I guess SVG import is a possible feature because html support svg.

This tool for me, is making a responsive design from pages of UI layouts from sketch (a software) to one responsive file.

In my mind, AI is for drawing, Sketch is for making UI, and Subform is making it responsive.

So, I think that building a product in subform from zero is not possible because you guys obviously do not and do not seems to support drawing, so hope you guys can help us to make it happen, and make subform more possible to use for a designer

I believe that some features like the ones @iamwinggg described are key to make Subform a tool that stands on its own, and not one-more-tool-in-my-workflow thing.

+1 for being able to import.

I am also a fan of this move. I imagine SVG import/pasting provides a high degree of challenge when it comes to code export because to make it "layout aware" you need to talk into account things like viewport. That being said, this would be a critical feature for me as well, and not just import but ideally linked files so that you can update those assets in sketch/ps/ai and re-update.

SVGs can be added now via the "background" property of a box.

I'm curious to hear:

1) Are you asking for a streamlined experience for this capability? That is, instead of having to create a box and navigate to open your SVG, you just want to do it via the clipboard?
So when you select a box and hit the "paste" key, what should happen?

Does it set the background of the current box?
If so, does it overwrite the background properties that are already there? Or does it merge somehow?
If not, does it create a new child box w/ that background? If so, what size should it be, given that SVGs don't always have an intrisic size?

2) If the "background image" semantics are not enough, what additional ones do you need?
Is there merit for vector art (or all assets, pixel or vector?) to be treated as a "separate" kind of entity than a box?
E.g., something like the text boxes now, where they cannot have properties like "border" and instead have different functionality.

I think I'd find approach #2 more intuitive. The paradigm of including image assets as background images on boxes threw me a bit at first. I think it makes sense to treat them distinctly from boxes, giving them their own set of attributes (i.e. color, opacity).

I am also for option 2. Then I can use my position commands to control the size of the svg container when otherwise not present. Most editors like sketch and illustrator do take the default "px" size of the drawing unless you otherwise specify.

I think it makes sense to have a new entity for assets. In particular, I think it should have one key ability of being able to be linked to an asset. For example, link a jpg in the assets folder and see it update as it's saved, etc.