Mac Pro 2009/2010 UI issues?

Hi all, just starting out with subform. I have an ageing Mac pro 2009 (patched to think it is a 2010), with a pathetically poor GT120 graphics card.

I seem to be having issues with UI panels/elements not being displayed and am wondering if my hardware may be the cause. A few examples:

-The Hud doesn’t work - no pink measuring marks are displayed
-With Hud selected, if I click an element in the art-board, the entire screen goes blank (all UI elements hidden), pressing esc returns it all.
-I can’t see any styles - clicking the ‘styles’ tab with an element selected reveals an empty right hand panel.
-with a container selected, clicking ‘T’ does not insert text, I am prompted to click/drag it.

If anyone has any experience with a Mac Pro and Subform it would be good to know what graphics card you have or if you have had any issues?

Thanks

I have the same issue with my Mac Pro. It works fine on my newer MacBook Pro so I haven’t tried to do anything to figure out what is going wrong yet.

The specs on my Mac Pro, if anyone is looking into this further.

Model: Mac Pro (Early 2009)
OS Version: 10.11.6
Processor: 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

Hey @guypowell, @gpellis

Thanks for the reports. We actually do the Subform builds on an early 2009 Mac Pro and aren’t seeing this behavior. My initial guess is that it’s the GT120—our build machine has an ATI Radeon 4870.

It may be possible to sidestep this bug by adding an option to disable GPU acceleration. I’ll look into it and let you know. (I’m afraid it may be too much of a performance hit.)

Hi @guypowell and @gpellis I’m looking into building ya’ll a custom version of Subform with GPU stuff disabled to see if that resolves the issue. I should have that up in the next day or two, thanks for your patience!

Thanks all, good to know it isn’t just me and thanks Ryan and Kevin, that would be amazing. In the mean time i’m hunting for a new card to see if that helps… BTW I also have no problems on a new macbook pro.

@guypowell and @gpellis, Try this custom build, which has GPU acceleration disabled: https://d1bvr6cax027in.cloudfront.net/releases/Subform-4563.0.0%2Beec5c1d.dmg

Let me know if that resolves the issue, and if so we’ll include this option in the regular releases. Thanks!

@kevin I haven’t run into any problems with the GPU acceleration disabled build. I haven’t tested it with a huge number of elements, as I don’t have anything all that complicated yet, but, I have not noticed any significate performance degradation with this build. So, at least for this particular hardware config, turning off GPU acceleration seems to be a viable alternative.

Perfect, thanks for letting us know!