Remove Feature: Double Click to add a text box

I think the ability to double click on the artboard to create a text box as a child of the element you are clicking in is intentional. So I assume it was intended as a feature and therefore is not a bug.

I have been accidentally double clicking and creating text boxes when I try to select boxes that aren't easily visible or are small. Or when I try to click into a text box to edit the text but I miss the box. Maybe I'll eventually learn not to do it.

I'm not creating a lot of text boxes quickly but maybe someone else would be. Is that the reasoning behind making it so easy to create a text box?

@nicki I don't really like the current behavior :grimacing: I'm also accidentally creating tons of text boxes.

Yeah I agree this is a bit of an odd choice, as all the other shortcuts are keyboard-based (and in fact, it's kind of annoying to be using the keyboard to make a box, and then have to find that box in the artboard and double-click it to make it a text box.) Maybe this should just be another keyboard shortcut like Shift-Enter, or "t", or something. Although double-clicking text that already exists to edit it does make sense to me.

2016.11.21 Subform release 6bdeabc

I've never been particularly fond of the double-click shortcut either, even though I'm the one who assigned it = )

@eliotlash your idea of using t seems fine to me.

@Ryan, any objections to changing this out in the near term rather than wait until the all-hotkeys-will-be-resolved reckoning?

No objections from me.