Single right sidebar for all panels

Hey guys,

I would love a way to have all my properties panels in one sidebar on the right instead of two separate ones.

I'm designing a lot of big screens, so the space in the middle to view my design is precious to me. I understand space is limited there, but I would gladly scroll through the panels in the sidebar if that means more space for the actual design!

Agreed @suzanne ... didnt see your post but I just made a similar comment.

Seconded.

I think we should act as a community to use the tool that we are improving to design and test the tool itself. Meaning...use Subform to prototype a more effective user interface for Subform.

That is certainly my intention during this time of pre-release.

I already have plenty of ideas that I plan to create new topics for so you all can weigh in with feedback.

clever @rmion that's a smart idea. i could get behind that. i've only had the app for 3 days so haven't spent a lot of time in it yet. i love the layout engine behind subform ... and i love sketch's features / interface. so maybe a combo of the 2 is the perfect balance.

I hear you, sixfive. I spent just enough time to be confused, and also to discover a single bug that no one else found. Plenty more to discover!

Not necessarily. There are seeds of game-changing ideas even in this early version of Subform that I think show huge potential if done in a more accessible way.

Let's not rush to seek a simple combination of design apps, since that's probably what other people are trying to do right now only to quickly fail.

Each tool can give designers unique superpowers. When used together, we become Voltron. Give me a knife and a fork to eat my meal and I'll be happy. Give me a spork and I'd much rather just use my hands.

lol :smile: touche.

your argument makes sense. lets see where this road takes us!

Commented something similar in @sixfive.creative's post as well

I'm going to close this topic as a duplicate. Please refer to https://talk.subformapp.com/t/increase-the-art-board-area/657/9 for continued discussion about Subform's chrome/panel design.