Well, Subform never had, or will have this issue ;)

I knew this would backfire on them, given how many bugs there were one week ago.

To be honest. I don't really see a big issue in that example. How often would you ever do this? (Scaling up-down), maybe it's just me. he he

I guess in a way you're right. Still unnerving to know that it's a little buggy.

Basic pinning constraints like Sketch 44's and Figma's have the advantage of being pretty easy to setup and internalize. And that's worth quite a lot. But this approach also comes with some downsides (which is why we decided to implement a layout system that works more like production):

• They're easy to break (as per above linked example)
  • They don't make it easy to set spacing between elements and keep it consistent
  • They don't allow for space to be divided up automatically between elements
  • It's pretty difficult to setup grids with them

I haven't studied the above example in detail, but changing the size of an artboard in the vertical/y-axis is actually quite common when simulating different screen sizes, even at a single "breakpoint." Mobile phones in portrait vary ~200pt in height from smallest to largest.

Sometimes elements should stay the exact same size and the screen should just scroll, but other times you want elements to resize based on the available vertical space. If there's no way to define that with the layout settings (as with Sketch), there's no way to experiment with it—and no way to communicate your intent to the development team.