What's everyone up to/creating with Subform?

It's been relatively quiet in here (I have no excuse myself). Just wondering what everyone has been up to / creating with Subform. I'd be curious to see what people are crafting.

I was initially seeing how I could use it when creating pattern libraries but due to a lack of spare time I had to leave it for a while. Plus since hearing that the next version (once released) will mean all previous files will no longer be accessible I thought maybe it's best to wait until then to carry on experimenting.

I found the learning curve to be higher than expected so I just went back to using Sketch for the moment. Maybe I find some time to have another look soon.

Waiting on the new version of Subform before returning to it.

At work, we have built complete specs for every screen type of a new mobile app we are making in Subform. I worked for about a week with our designer to re-implement her original Sketch artboards and think through the design systems and responsiveness (a lot of which she had not considered before we started).

Not gonna lie, the tool is rough around the edges right now and it was kinda painful (although we think that the pain of not having responsive specs is worse.) I'm primarily a developer and I'm familiar with flexbox (and several other computed layout systems) which made picking up the tool easier for me than for her. Overall, we were quite happy that it forced us to resolve inconsistencies in the original Sketch files and address responsiveness.

When we were done we gave a talk to our team about Subform and our experience using it. Unfortunately I can't share the .subform file here as I am under NDA. However I'd be happy to discuss our general experience more. If anyone is interested in seeing the screencast from our presentation let me know and I'll see if I can get a version posted with our secret stuff edited out. :slight_smile:

I'm really surprised. I'm obviously missing something huge here with this product. However, your comment about being a dev just shed some light. thanks

To be honest, I've stopped using because current workflow and tools are going to get a whole another design. I honestly don't want to dedicate my time to something which would be removed soon.

I hope we'll get an update soon.

Eliot, I wonder if you are still willing to share the screencast from your presentation? I'm working with Ryan and Kevin on some marketing and I'd like to have your story on hand for some material I'm working on. Additionally, I think your real world experience would be beneficial to the entire group.