2017.09.13 Subform release 3671

releases

Hi friends,

We discovered that a few annoying mistakes were made in the last release around hotkeys and the OS X menu system, so we decided to cut a quick new release:

OS X: Subform-3671.0.0+a717ebe.dmg

Windows: Subform Setup 3671.0.0+a717ebe.exe

The next release will occur on our usual 14-day release schedule.

Changes

• Application menu items no longer show shortcuts, though shortcuts still work. (This is a temporary workaround of OS X behavior that we’ll resolve in a future release.)

Fixes

• The smarty bar now works properly for documents that didn’t have a corresponding images/ directory. Previously the smarty bar would refuse to show any results.

• Deleting a text box no longer puts Subform into a broken state (this was broken in the last release).

• OS X cut/copy/paste/select-all keyboard shortcuts now work as they should (this was broken in the last release).

• Drop-down menus on the type tab are now always as wide as their control, rather than sometimes being smaller.

Deleting text element makes the right panel unusable

Hi!
Does the link to the .dmg file not work only for me?

Hi Ilya, it’s working over here for me. Is it still failing for you?

Hi, Ryan! Thanks for quick reply! Unfortunately yes. Every link in every release post just leads to the same mistake.

It might be blocked by your service provider or firewall. Hosting is Kevin’s department, so let me talk with him and see if he has any ideas.

In the meantime, I’ll email you over an alternative link to the DMG.

There may be some troubles with Russian Internet providers blocking Amazon’s cloud. Not sure about what’s happening now, but there was a case a year ago

Is there any other way to get the app?

Just noticed your reply. Yes, it’s probably the service provider. Will appreciate the alternative link, thanks!

This Russian text means that the web address is added to the unified register of forbidden sites (http://eais.rkn.gov.ru/en/)

Hi @llya, I’ve setup a CloudFront CDN to distribute new releases of Subform. I’ve updated the links on the most recent release: 2017.09.25 Subform release 3743

Please let me know if that works for you, or if we’ll need to find another host for our friends in Russia.

Yes, it works! Thanks a lot!