Fullscreen-View (F11)

It would be awesome to have an option to set the view to fullscreen.
Even better would be the defacto standard: add a shortcut with F11 for it.

Hi @JohaWeber,

Thanks for the suggestion! A few things that help us with feature requests like this one:

• Tell us the your platform/version. (I’m assuming you’re on Windows based on your other post.)

• Describe your expected behavior: “Many Windows apps will enter a fullscreen mode and hide all the system chrome and the app’s menubar / command bar.”

• Provide an analog/example: “Pressing F11 inside of File Explorer on Windows 10.”

• Describe how the feature would help you: “I have a small display on my laptop, so I like to work in fullscreen mode to maximize the work area.”

Things like this can seem self-evident, but they often raise a lot of questions in execution. (e.g. In Edge, F11 doesn’t work, it’s Shift-Windows-Enter; behavior differs between WPF/UWP apps; should there be a non-shortcut way to access this; if so, where does that live; cross-platform differences, etc.)

The more details you can give us up front, the easier it is for us to evaluate adding the feature.

2017.09.25 Subform release 3743

I’m not Joha, but I’m a Windows user too:

• Describe your expected behavior: “Many Windows apps will enter a fullscreen mode and hide all the system chrome and the app’s menubar / command bar.”

Exactly that.

• Provide an analog/example: Pressing F11 inside most of Windows apps (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer for example)
  • Describe how the feature would help you: It’s like a “Distraction Free” mode. And a way to maximize the space.

@JohaWeber and @AdrianoCahete, I’ve just implemented full-screen mode:

• There is a “toggle full screen” menu item in the application menu (also mapped to F11 on windows and control-command-f on mac)

• On Windows, when you enter full screen mode the application menu will be hidden, but you can tap ALT to show/hide it. This is the same behavior as Visual Studio Code on Windows.

This will be in the next release.
Thanks for the request, and let me know if there is any other specific behavior you want around fullscreen.